TECHDAS AIR FORCE ZERO SPECIFICATIONS
We broke the news about the new TechDAS Air Force Zero turntable, and now we have the confirmed specifications. As you would expect, it's rather unique.
The main unit of the Air Force Zero comprises of a 100 kg, stainless steel base frame and a 35 kg platter base. Atop that are five platters weighing in at a total of 118 kg.
The platters are as follows:
- Bottom platter: 30 kg, ø 40cm, forged Stainless Steel SUS 316L
- Second platter: 20 kg, ø 31cm, forged Stainless Steel SUS 316L
- Third platter: 20 kg, ø 31 cm, cast Gunmetal
- Fourth Platter: 20 kg, ø 31 cm, forged Stainless Steel SUS 316L
- Top Platter: 28 kg, ø 31 cm, powder sintered Tungsten
Driving those platters is a belt-drive with a polished and nonflexible polyurethane fibre belt. The drive motor itself is a 3-phase 12-pole AC synchronous motor manufactured by Papst, Germany (1000/5001). The first phase, during startup and rotation adjustment you get high torque rotation. Then, in steady rotation, there's non-servo, low torque, ultra-low vibration.
Naturally, you can dial in 33.3 rpm / 45 rpm, with a precise speed adjustment function. Wow & Flutter is stated at below 0.03%.
Holding all that up is an air suspension system provided by an in-built electric air pump.
We have yet to have a confirmed UK price, but we do know that you get 2x Titanium Tonearm Bases (Tungsten Tonearm Base available as an option), 1x TechDAS Disc Stabiliser, and 1x Platter Cover in your TechDAS Air Force Zero bundle.
For more information, go to TechDAS.
- Power Supply Unit Main Unit Dimensions including Motor: 901 (W) x 677 (D) x 335 (H) mm
- Distances between the centre point of base frame feet:
- front left foot - front right foot 674mm
- rear left foot - rear right foot 722mm
- front left foot - rear left foot 461mm
- front right foot - rear right foot 442mm
- Total weight of Main Unit including Motor: 350kg (Power Supply / Air Pump Units are not included)
POWER SUPPLY / AIR PUMP UNITS
Unit 1/3: 430 (W) x 365 (D) x 205 (H) mm, 15 kg
Unit 2/3: 430 (W) x 365 (D) x 205 (H) mm, 13kg
Unit 3/3: 430 (W) x 365 (D) x 205 (H) mm, 10kg
AIR FORCE ZERO RACK SYSTEM (Optional)
Set of 2 racks with turntable platform and shelves: Rack 1/2: 905 (W) x 675 (D) x 790 (H) mm Rack 2/2: 790 (W) x 610 (D) x 790 (H) mm
StereoNET UK’s Editor and Bass playing gadget junkie. He’s captained the good ship GadgetyNews for over a decade, making low jargon high tech a very handy thing. His passion for gadgets and Hi-Fi is second only to being a touring musician.
Get the latest.
Sign up to discover the best news and reviews from StereoNET UK in our FREE Newsletter.
TEAC TN-3B Belt-Drive Turntable Released
Martin Logan Motion Series Hi-Fi and Home Cinema Speakers Refreshed for 2019
Vertere Acoustics PHONO-1 MKII Rocks it DG Style
Affordable Audiophile - Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier and DCD-600NE CD Player Announced
Russ Andrews Goes 18XL with Latest Kimber Kable Carbon Speaker Cable
CanJam London 2019 Show Report, Gallery and Review
Bowers & Wilkins 603 FLoorstanding Speakers Awarded Speaker of the Year 2019 by EISA
The Gryphon Audio Designs Essence Class A Pre and Power Amplifiers Prices and Specification
Naim Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation UK Launch
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Standmount Speakers Review - More Reimagining Than Remake