Marantz Completes 2015 Lineup
Marantz has just announced three new Network AV components with WiFi and Blueooth connectivity, rounding out their 2015 home theatre line-up. The three models include SR6010 and SR7010 Network AV Receivers, plus a renewed AV7702mkII AV Processor.
The SR6010 and SR7010 Premium Network AV Receivers shine with brilliant home theatre and stereo sound performance, paired with the latest in audio and video processing technology, wireless connectivity and total ease-of-use. While at the same time, the renewed AV7702mkII AV Network Pre-processor offers the most up-to-date in connectivity, versatility and expandability.
SR6010 - 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver
Thanks to carefully selected high grade audio components, the SR6010 offers an unbelievable 185 watts per channel, enough to fill even large home theatres with quality Marantz sound. The SR6010 is equipped with groundbreaking Dolby Atmos decoder and Dolby Surround upmixer to deliver captivating multi-dimensional sound through height or in-ceiling speakers, or Dolby Atmos elevation speakers (up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 configuration with additional amplifier thanks to 9 channel processing capability). It is also ready for DTS:X and DTS Neural:X upmixer that can create an immersive sound field around the listener no matter the number of speakers installed.
With built-in WiFi and Bluetooth capabilities, the SR6010 opens up nearly unlimited music sources, including Internet Radio, Spotify Connect and AirPlay. It can also play music files stored on a PC or external storage unit via DLNA network streaming standard. Almost any file is possible including high resolution FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV192/24 and even DSD. Other connectivity options include and iPod digital-compatible USB input on the front panel, a dedicated Phono (MM) inputs for vinyl lover, and numerous analogue and digital audio inputs.
SR6010 supports next generation 4K Ultra HD high resolution video, along with the latest HDMI 2.0a specification which includes 4K 50/60Hz pass-through and scaling, and HDCP 2.2 compatibility that is required for 4K copy-protected content. It also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility, key components of the BT.2020 4K Ultra HD video specification.
8 x HDMI inputs including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, and 2 HDMI outputs, all of which support HDCP 2.2 compatibility, are more than enough to connect modern HDMI devices, and fire two TVs simultaneously.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 with additional amplifier)
- DTS:X ready
- 7ch discrete power amplifier, 185 W per channel
- 13.2ch preout with 9.2ch processing
- Current Feedback circuitry with Marantz New HDAM
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Pro ready
- Latest HDMI 2.0a with 4k 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 HDMI in / 2 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Full HDCP 2.2 support on all inputs
- Advanced Video Processing with HDMI scaling up to 1080p, 4k 50/60 Hz
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- High resolution audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- Spotify Connect (where available), Internet Radio support, AirPlay on board
- Phono (MM) input
- Setup Assistant and Advanced GUI
- Small trapdoor design; Aluminum front panel
- Marantz Remote App for iOS and Android devices
- ECO mode
SR7010 - 9.2 Channel Network AV Receiver
The epitome of this year’s AV Receiver range, the SR7010 comes with even more features for the most advanced users. It goes beyond the SR6010, with a nine channel amplifier capable of 200 watts per channel.
With 11.2ch processing capability, home theatre enthusiasts can even set up a Dolby Atmos configuration of up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 speakers (additional amplifier required) and DTS:X up to 11 channels. It can also be upgraded to support Auro-3D and Auromatic upmixer (up to 10.1ch with additional amplifier; a fee is charged), to complete today’s available 3D sound options. Superb audio quality is guaranteed by the unique Marantz sound technologies, a powerful 32-Bit SHARC DSP and high quality 192kHz/32bit Digital-Analogue-Converters used for all channels.
- 9ch discrete power amplifier, 200 W per channel
- 13.2ch preout with 11.2ch processing
- Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2 with additional amplifier)
- Auro-3D upgradeable (optional paid upgrade)
- High quality 192kHz / 32bit D/A Converters for all channels
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 3 HDMI out (4k 60Hz, 3D, ARC, HDR, BT2020)
- Big trapdoor design; Aluminum front panel
- Blue LED Marantz porthole; additional 2-lines FL display behind the trap door
- Universal LCD remote control
AV7702mkII - Multi-channel AV Pre-amplifier
Building upon last year's AV7702, the new Mark II version boasts the latest audio and video standards.
It comes with the same feature set as the SR7010, but without its power amp section. This allowed Marantz engineers to pay even closer attention to the audio section, before passing the signal to either the 11.2ch XLR or 13.2ch RCA pre-outs, and to an external power amplifier.
An even higher quality dedicated pre-amplifier board with HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) and a power supply for the pre-amplifier stage equipped with audiophile grade ELNA capacitors give special treatment to high resolution audio reproduction. The extended shielding for each pre-amplifier section is said to minimise interference and give the last finishing touch for the ultimate in surround and stereo sound quality.
- Same features as SR7010, but no power amplifier section
- 11.2ch XLR pre-out, 13.2ch RCA pre-out
- High quality dedicated pre-amplifier board with HDAM for high resolution audio reproduction
- Power supply for pre-amplifier stage with audiophile grade ELNA capacitors
- Extended shielding to minimize interference
All three models are available now from authorised Marantz dealers, (SR6010 $2,150 RRP, SR7010 $3,970 RRP, AV7702mkII $3,790 RRP).
Marantz is distributed in Australia by Qualifi.
Get the latest.
Sign up to discover the best news and reviews from StereoNET UK in our FREE Newsletter.
McIntosh's MX100 digital A/V processor and MI347 7-channel amplifier are designed for the modern home cinema
Huawei FreeBuds Studio ANC over-ear headphones beat Apple's AirPod Studio to release
Huawei's FreeBuds Pro are the perfect earbuds for vloggers
LG launches its long (long) awaited ‘Rollable TV’ - is it the future?
Harman Kardon Citation Amp is a compact 125 watt amplifier with access to 300 music streaming sites
Bowers & Wilkins Finally Acquired by Sound United
LG OLED TVs Recalled Due to Overheating Issue - See if Yours is Affected
Jay Garrett strikes analogue gold with this sub-£1,000 moving coil phono cartridge...
DS Audio Grand Master Flagship Optical Phono Cartridge Boasts Improved Performance - UK Pricing
Bang & Olufsen's 4000c Recreated Limited Edition Turntable Now Officially Launched