Marantz AV8802 Flagship AV Preamplifier
Building upon the highly-acclaimed AV8801 predecessor, the new flagship Marantz AV8802 AV Preamplifier has now been released in Australia.
This new 11.2 channel AV pre-amplifier provides the ultimate music and movie surround sound experience. Featuring unique 3D-sound options, famous Marantz audio quality, plus nearly unlimited connectivity and flexibility, the AV8802 has been highly anticipated by AV enthusiasts.
The AV8802 further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz-own HDAM in Current Feedback topology before being passed to the XLR outputs and separate power amp. Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on Marantz's Reference Series components provides superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today's high-resolution audio formats.
High-grade audio components are included including audiophile 32-bit/192-kHz D/A Converters and a high-performance power supply with 4x 10.000µF capacitors. Thanks to its four DSP (Digital Sound Processing) engines, the AV8802 is capable of playfully handling up to 11.2 channels to fully support Audyssey DSX, DTS Neo:X 11.1, or the new immersive 3D sound formats.
Thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities, the AV8802 opens up nearly unlimited music sources, such as Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM, and AirPlay. It can play music files stored on a PC or external storage unit via DLNA network streaming standard. Almost any file is possible including MP3, WMA, FLAC HD, ALAC, WAV192/24 & AAC. Gapless, DSD, and AIFF are also supported for the full enjoyment of live concerts or classical recordings. To round up the connectivity options, the AV8802 comes with an iPod digital-compatible USB input and a Phono MM input for vinyl fans.
Just take a look at the extensive feature list:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in
- Current Feedback topology and new Marantz HDAM
- Toroidal transformer & Copper plated chassis
- Three piece top cover construction
- High performance power supply with 4x 10.000μF capacitors
- Audiophile 32bit / 192kHz DA-Converters
- Auro-3D upgrade-ready (up to Auro 10.1)
- Dolby Atmos (5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4 configuration)
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Pro ready
- Audyssey DSX; DTS Neo:X (11.1ch)
- 13.2ch pre-out (13.2ch XLR, 13.2ch RCA) and 11.2ch signal processing
- Latest HDMI version with 4k 50/60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 front HDMI in / 3 HDMI out (2 + 1 zone) (4k 50/60Hz, 3D, ARC, Deep Color)
- HDMI scaling 1080p, 4k 50/60 Hz
- ISF Video Calibration
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- HD Audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Gapless Playback
- USB port
- Spotify Connect, Flickr, Internet Radio support
- Phono (MM) input
- Setup Assistant and Advanced GUI
- 4 Smart Select buttons for fast selection of listening presets
- Marantz Remote App for iOS and Android devices
The Marantz AV8802 is available now for $6,490 RRP.
Marantz is distributed in Australia by Qualifi.
Get the latest.
Sign up to discover the best news and reviews from StereoNET UK in our FREE Newsletter.
McIntosh's MX100 digital A/V processor and MI347 7-channel amplifier are designed for the modern home cinema
Huawei FreeBuds Studio ANC over-ear headphones beat Apple's AirPod Studio to release
Huawei's FreeBuds Pro are the perfect earbuds for vloggers
LG launches its long (long) awaited ‘Rollable TV’ - is it the future?
Harman Kardon Citation Amp is a compact 125 watt amplifier with access to 300 music streaming sites
Bowers & Wilkins Finally Acquired by Sound United
LG OLED TVs Recalled Due to Overheating Issue - See if Yours is Affected
Jay Garrett strikes analogue gold with this sub-£1,000 moving coil phono cartridge...
DS Audio Grand Master Flagship Optical Phono Cartridge Boasts Improved Performance - UK Pricing
TIDAL Connect chooses BluOS for launch of new streaming tech