GOLD NOTE DS-10 STREAMING DAC / HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER AVAILABLE
Gold Note has officially announced the availability of the DS-10 streaming DAC/headphone amplifier.
We gave you a heads-up preview before High End Munich 2019 and then brought you news direct from the show. Now StereoNET brings you the news that the Fiorentino firm has officially confirmed the price and availability of the new DS-10 DAC/Streamer and head amp.
The DS-10 DS-10 D/A Converter is inspired from the acclaimed top model DS-1000 and while adding features of the IS-1000 all-in-one. Moreover, the DS-10 is quick to install and easy to use every day.
The AES-EBU-equipped DAC is so much more than a headphone amplifier though. Plug in your CD player, media servers, flash drives, or even your television and benefit from Gold Note's digital to analogue conversion knowledge.
Furthermore, the Gold Note DS-10 can be controlled via the colour 2.8-inch TFT display and single dial or through the dedicated mobile app.
Most streaming services are catered for through UPnP, DLNA including Roon, Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Deezer, Airplay, V-Tuner covering DSD, PCM and MQA formats. Additionally, you can connect your devices via Wifi/LAN as well as Bluetooth 5.0.
Thanks to its versatile design DS-10 converts D/A audio via S/PDIF coaxial, TOS-optical, AES asynchronous PCM 24bit/192kHz inputs, asynchronous USB-B for native and DoP DSD64/128 and PCM up to 32bit/384kHz. It also plays directly from HardDisk and USB sticks (FAT32/NTFS) via USB-A.
The DS-10 is machined from solid aluminium with the air vent design coming from Gold Note's acclaimed PH-10 phono stage.
On the front of the unit, there is a 6.3mm headphone output behind which is a proprietary design that enables the DS-10 to match the sensitivity to drive almost any headphones currently on the market.
Price and availability
The Gold Note DS-10 is available from August for a launch price of €2,490.
For more information, go to Gold Note.
- D/A Converter AKM AK4493 native PCM up to 32bit/384kHz & DSD 64/128 native, via DoP and PCM
- Streamer & Network Player PCM and DSD64
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz +/-0.1dB
- THD – Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% max
- Signal to Noise ratio: -125dB
- Dynamic range: 120dB
- Output impedance: 50ohm
- Preamp Stage Volume Control: enabled/disabled by remote
- Main supply: 100V to 245V, 50/60Hz
- Multiple Transformer proprietary power supply
- Power consumption: 30W
- 1 Ethernet LAN & Wi-Fi (DSD64 via PCM) Resolution: PCM up to 24bit/192kHz
- 1x RCA S/PDIF coaxial PCM asynchronous up to 24bit/192kHz
- 2x TOS-optical PCM asynchronous up to 24bit/192kHz
- 1x AES/EBU balanced PCM asynchronous up to 24bit/192kHz
- 1 x USB-B asynchronous native and DoP DSD64/128 and PCM up to 32bit/384kHz
- 1x USB-A port to feed USB flash memories and HDD, FAT32/NTFS formatted playing DSD64 and PCM up to 24bit/192kHz
- Line output level (fixed): stereo RCA @ 1Volt and balanced XLR @ 4Volt
- LAN/WLAN WiFi: 802.11b/g via RJ45 10/100Mbps socket and Antenna playing native and DoP DSD64/128 and PCM up to 24bit/192kHz
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Infrared remote: RC5 proprietary code
SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMATS
- AIFF (.aif, .aiff, .aifc)
- WAV (.wav) packed/unpacked
- WmA Windows media Audio 9
- WAX Windows media audio metafiles
- ASX Advanced Stream Redirector (.asx)
- DSD (.dsf & .dff via USB-B)
SUPPORTED MEDIA SERVERS
- Bubble UPnP
- all UPnP certified media servers
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- 220mm W | 80mm H | 260mm D
- 4 Kg
StereoNET UK’s Editor and Bass playing gadget junkie. He’s captained the good ship GadgetyNews for over a decade, making low jargon high tech a very handy thing. His passion for gadgets and Hi-Fi is second only to being a touring musician.
Get the latest.
Sign up to discover the best news and reviews from StereoNET UK in our FREE Newsletter.
TEAC TN-3B Belt-Drive Turntable Released
Martin Logan Motion Series Hi-Fi and Home Cinema Speakers Refreshed for 2019
Vertere Acoustics PHONO-1 MKII Rocks it DG Style
Affordable Audiophile - Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier and DCD-600NE CD Player Announced
Russ Andrews Goes 18XL with Latest Kimber Kable Carbon Speaker Cable
CanJam London 2019 Show Report, Gallery and Review
Bowers & Wilkins 603 FLoorstanding Speakers Awarded Speaker of the Year 2019 by EISA
The Gryphon Audio Designs Essence Class A Pre and Power Amplifiers Prices and Specification
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Standmount Speakers Review - More Reimagining Than Remake
Naim Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation UK Launch