BIG NAD ELECTRONICS DISPLAY AT RMAF 2018
NAD will be exhibiting their new C 588 turntable, D3045 DAC/Amp and C 658 DAC/preamp/BluOS streamer combo at the RMAF in Denver, Colorado October 5th -7th, 2018, before appearing at the StereoNET organised Melbourne International Hi-Fi Show the following weekend.
Attendees of this year's Rocky Mountain Audio Fest will be amongst the first in the world to listen to the D 3045 DAC/Amplifier. Furthermore, thanks to a partnership with MQA, make sure you are in room 8021 in the Tower on Saturday, October 6, at 10:30 AM Mountain Time. Visitors then will have the opportunity to hear a performance by accomplished jazz band Misha Mullov-Abbado. The group will be broadcasted live and encoded into MQA in real-time from RAK Studios in London, UK.
NAD D 3045
Powered by a 60w per channel HybridDigital amplifier, the D 3045 DAC/Amp is a showcase for many of the company’s advanced audio technologies. Digital audio is treated to an asynchronous USB 24/192 Input, support for MQA and DSD. Also, there is two way Bluetooth aptX HD. For those who also dig analogue, perhaps the C 588 below has already caught your eye, there is a moving magnet phono stage.
Furthermore, the D 3045 is all wrapped up in a neat-looking compact case that is as happy vertical as it is horizontal.
The D 3045 is available this month at £599 / €799 (MSRP).
NAD D 3045 DAC/Amplifier at a glance:
- 2 x 60W HybridDigital Amplifier.
- Two-Way Bluetooth powered by Qualcomm aptX HD audio.
- Asynchronous USB 24/192 Input supports MQA and DSD.
- HDMI Audio Return Channel Input.
- Coax and Optical Input.
- Line Input.
- Moving Magnet Phono Stage added for vinyl lovers to complement digital connectivity.
- Preamp and Subwoofer Outputs for additional connection flexibility.
NAD C 588
Next up is the NAD C 588 turntable. The company’s latest record player offers several upgraded features including a Belt Drive with Electronic Speed Control, an AC Motor with isolated power supply and a custom-designed Carbon fibre tonearm. Additionally, it is pre-fitted with the high-quality Ortofon 2M Red phono cartridge.
The C 588 will sell for £699 / €899 (MSRP) when it becomes available in November 2018.
NAD C 588 turntable headlines:
- Belt drive with Electronic Speed Control.
- Precision AC Motor with Isolated AC Power Supply with Universal Voltage.
- Custom designed 9-inch carbon fibre tonearm shaft with a fixed metal headshell.
- Premium quality Ortofon 2M Red cartridge is factory installed.
- Vertical Tracking Angle and Azimuth Adjustment.
- Alignment Calibration Gauge supplied for precise azimuth and vertical tracking angle.
- Massive rigid MDF Plinth (Base) with specially tuned vibration damping feet.
- Glass Platter with Felt Pad and Non -Resonant Dust Cover.
NAD C 658
Finally, NAD has combined a preamplifier, DAC and BluOS streamer all into one sleek component and dubbed it the C 658.
The NAD C 658 integrates the latest technologies such as BluOS, Bluetooth aptX HD, Dirac Live Room Correction as well as a 'Modular Design Construction'. The latter point means that it can be updated or augmented as when new technologies or requirements evolve. Naturally, there is also an MM phono stage for analogue fans.
The C 658 will be £1499 / €1699 (MSRP) when it becomes available in December 2018.
NAD C 658 key points:
- BluOS enabled Network Streaming.
- Two-Way Bluetooth aptX HD.
- Dirac Live Room Correction.
- DirectDigital DAC- ESS Saber DAC with MQA Decoding on all digital inputs.
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers the ability to upgrade.
- MM Phono Input Stage.
- Balanced Preamp Output and Stereo Subwoofer Outputs.
- High Current Dedicated Headphone Amplifier.
- CI friendly- RS232 Serial Control Port. Trigger In/Out.
- IR In with learning function.
For more information, go to NAD.
StereoNET UK's Editor and Bass playing gadget junkie. He's captained the good ship GadgetyNews for over a decade, making low jargon high tech a very handy thing. His passion for gadgets and Hi-Fi is second only to being a touring musician.
Get the latest.
Sign up to discover the best news and reviews from StereoNET UK in our FREE Newsletter.
ATI (Amplifier Technologies Incorporated) ATP-16 Home Cinema Processor at The Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2019.
Meet the Klipsch Reference Premier range at The Bristol Hi-Fi Show
PMC brings the Bryston SP4 home cinema processor to the UK.
Lindemann Limetree Network audio streamer review
PMC Partners With Dolby And Universal Music To Showcase Dolby Atmos for Music
Technics teases SL-1200 MK7 turntable
NAD M10 Masters networked streaming amplifier at CES 2019
The largest speaker in Bowers & Wilkins' latest version of its 600 Series range, we take a closer look at the...
Technics SL-1200 MK7 announced with reverse skills and a new sexy look.
Monitor Audio 5th-gen Gold Series announced.